Recipe: Salsa Verde Stuffed Peppers
A paleo twist on the classic stuffed peppers recipe! This can be made spicy or mild, it tastes delicious, and is full of veggies!
-8 poblano peppers (for spicy) or 6 bell peppers (for mild)
-1.5 lbs ground beef
-1.5 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
-1 cup peeled and diced carrots
-1/2 sweet onion, diced
-3 cloves garlic, chopped
-3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
-2 tsp. sea salt
-2 tsp. cumin
-2 tsp. chili powder
-2 tsp. ground coriander
-1 jar salsa verde
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut up all the veggies except the peppers and combine in a bowl.
2. Saute the ground beef in a deep pan until browned. Add the veggies and spices. Saute on medium-high heat until the sweet potatoes and carrots soften, about 10 minutes.
3. While the veggies cook, cut a Y shaped incision into each pepper if you are using poblanos. If using bell peppers, cut the top off the pepper. Scrape the seeds out of the peppers.
4. Spread a thin layer of salsa on the bottom of a glass baking dish. Stuff each pepper generously with the filling, then place in the glass baking dish. Top each pepper with more salsa verde.
5. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes until cooked through.
Enjoy! Serve with guacamole or avocado slices!