Easy Breakfast Bibimbap-Inspired Recipe
It’s always good when breakfast is easy, healthy, and tastes good. This recipe is all three!
It contains quinoa (cooked with chicken bone broth and minced garlic), which is a good source of fiber, magnesium, potassium, iron, B vitamins, calcium, Vitamin E, phosphorus, essential amino acids, and antioxidants.
Eggs are high in protein and contain essential B Vitamins, phosphorus, selenium, and other essential trace nutrients. Contrary to popular belief, moderate consumption of eggs WILL NOT raise your bad cholesterol, but it will help raise your GOOD cholesterol, which lowers your risk of heart disease, stroke, and other diseases. Eggs also contain essential amino acids and protein, which can aid in weight loss, increased muscles mass, lowering blood pressure, and contributing to bone health.
Purple cabbage is another amazing source of antioxidants and rich in essential vitamins. It helps fight inflammation in the body, promotes heart health and lower blood pressure, strengthens your bones, and enhances gut health.
Mushrooms and onions also provide many health benefits, so this breakfast is packed full of superfoods that will make you healthier and keep you full all day!
¼ cup chopped onions
¼ cup chopped mushrooms
½ cup of quinoa (already cooked)
Sliced Purple Cabbage, to taste
Liquid aminos (to taste)
1. Put some ghee in a pan over medium heat. Sauté chopped onions and mushrooms until cooked.
2. Add the already-cooked quinoa. (I usually make a bunch of quinoa every Sunday to have ready to use throughout the week).
3. Add liquid aminos, to taste. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While that cooks, put some ghee in a second pan with a bit more of the liquid aminos. Crack 2 eggs into the pan, cooking until the whites turn solid, and flip the eggs, careful not to break the yolks. Turn off the stove, but allow eggs to sit on the burner for about 20-30 seconds.
5. Put the quinoa in a bowl and put the egg on top.
6. Cut up some purple cabbage and put that on top of the egg.
7. Enjoy! Breaking open the eggs and mixing in the yolk makes it taste the best!